Here at Drs. Batten & Heath Family Dentistry, we want to help you with all your dentistry and oral health needs. One of the best ways we can care for your teeth and your oral health is by seeing you regularly for dental checkups. There are many advantages to regular visits to a dentist, even if you brush and floss your teeth daily. Consider some of the following:
- Dental checkups help you to save money. When you see your dentist on a regular basis, they can keep an eye on your dental health. This allows you to enjoy smaller, minor fixes, if any, which are far less expensive than issues that have gotten worse by not being diagnosed early.
- You can enjoy building a relationship with your dentist. Regular exams help you to get to know your dentist. Not only will this make your oral health easier to track, but it helps you to feel more comfortable as well.
- You will feel less anxiety and concern about your visit. Doing things on a more regular basis helps people to be less anxious about them. Having short, positive experiences with a dental checkup is a great way to feel more comfortable in the dental chair!
- Regular checkups are shorter checkups. When you go regularly for dental checkups, you don’t have the same time-consuming issues, like excessive plaque accumulation, that you may have if you wait longer between visits. Your visits will often be shorter and much more routine.
- Your dentist can nip problems in the bud. Should your dentist spot a cavity or area that gives them concern, they can fix it while it is small and manageable- and often less expensive, too!
- Your children will benefit from your example. Going for dental checkups is good for you and for your children, too! They will see your example and want to emulate it when it’s their own turn to sit in the dental chair.
- Feel comfortable and confident in your smile. A dentist can help you feel confident when you smile! Showing off those pearly whites often has been proven to improve a person’s mood.
- Prevent painful issues. Regular dental visits are important to help prevent the costlier and more invasive dental procedures such as tooth loss or inflammation. While much of preventative care is done at home, regular dental checkups go a long way in assisting you!
We here at Drs. Batten & Heath Family Dentistry encourage you to stick to a regular schedule of dental exams for optimal oral health. For questions or to schedule an appointment, please contact us today!